Saint Egarec chapel

Historic sites and monuments

Why take advantage?

The Saint Egarec chapel and parish church were built close to the unstable coastal dunes. Repeated violent sandstorms in the 17th and 18th centuries eventually buried them. The chapel of Saint Egarec was only removed from the sand in 1838 and restored in 1948. Visible all year round. Today, the chapel is still used as a place of worship (pardon de la trinité in May, heritage days...). It also hosts occasional concerts and local exhibitions.

Theme(s) : Chapel - History


Show all services

On-site activities

  • Theme-specific animation

We like

The situation:
  • Seaside: 0.5km away
Historic sites and monuments

Saint Egarec chapel

Rue de Saint Egarec
29810 Lampaul-Plouarzel
Getting there with Google Maps